Sr Director Finance
Manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team. Develops and manages internal financial audits. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. May provide leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) legislation. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The Sr. Director Finance will be both a strategic business improvement thought-partner and a hands-on financial manager, who reports to the CFO with matrix responsibility to the leadership and the business unit finance functions. The Sr. Director and team will assist all functions in aligning to the Corporation strategy through building financial strategies, budgets and other financially-sound operating plans, establishing strategic expense and support targets, presenting candid financial and other performance information, tracking true and lasting savings, and developing a quantitative and metrics driven culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze and present financial reports for all assigned segments in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance statements. Integrate with in-place financial reporting rhythms and approaches, advocating and designing improvements as appropriate.
- Manage forecasting and build cost models and other information that can be used for functional and business investment analysis, expansion planning, business communication, etc.
- Contribute analytical perspectives and financial thought leadership to the functions. Influence and educate leaderships in contemporary financial management, performance metrics, outsourcing strategies, and other cost reduction/performance improvement methodologies. Lead and/or support projects to strengthen their financial and measurement rigor.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning processes for assigned units. Oversee administration of all Technology financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organizations financial status.
- Design and lead major investment (capital or operating budgets) presentation and approval, orchestrating education and involvement of appropriate decision-makers, assuring appropriate financial rigor.
- Establish strong quantitative approaches to costing, planning, development, and performance reporting appropriate to each function. Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Assure functions are aware of and consider options for outsourced 3rd party support to improve efficiency, cost and other objectives.
- Manage the Business Intelligence team
- Oversee product pricing function, including developing pricing models and margin analysis.
- Closely coordinate with the sales and marketing functions to analyze revenue, promotion activities and key operating metrics for the Company.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field essential.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other business area strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in demanding financial management roles, ideally requiring and providing broad business, analytical and operations measurement/management experience. At least 5 of the years must have been in large, complex, publicly traded, multi-business unit corporations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading preparation of budgets, financial plans, strategic planning to align with Corporation and business units. The ideal candidate will have experience bearing final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience serving on leadership teams, achieving significant portion of results through influence, collaboration and thought leadership rather than (or in addition to) direct control.
- Deep financial acumen; understanding of financial analysis concepts and supporting methodology and software for effective decision-making. Quantitative in essential orientation; focuses on metrics to illustrate thoughts, processes, impact, etc.
- Solid experience demonstrating strong planning ability and consistent success in orchestrating the complexities of timely and accurate budgeting, financial reporting, with contingencies (external and internal relationships, internal back-up plans, redundancies, etc.) in place to assure fail-safe performance.
- Skill as both individual performer and leader in efficient and insightful financial reporting and analysis.
- People leadership skills: coaching, team building, managing through change.
- Strong business curiosity and awareness; practices continuous learning and effective and stimulating learning in others.
- Strong work and project organizational skills. Ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated success in relationship building, influencing and collaborating with all levels of the organization; strong, contemporary presentation skills.
- Highest level of business and personal integrity.
- Self-sufficient in contemporary office environment. Demonstrated skills/knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.